- Investigate the changes in physiological function and mechanism under various conditions -- from molecular, cellular to organ system levels in animals or humans.
- Investigate medical problems or diseases by both basic and clinical studies.
- Attain the goal of clinical application by performing patent application and technology transfer.
- Improve ourselves by a model of PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Action).
- Concern about character education.
- Studies on bone and cartilage regeneration
- Studies on neuroscience
- Studies on sepsis
With the development of biomedicine and biotechnology, research on pharmacology is not only limited to traditional pharmacology, it has been towards pluralism. For training of professional skills of master students, the courses involve both traditional and modern pharmacology including basic and clinical knowledge, in accordance to the drug development, the biotechnology- directed manufacturer and cultivated professional pharmacologists which meet the country and community requirements.
In curriculum planning, to ensure that graduated students are able to possess core competency of pharmacological professionalism. Educational courses are designed to include core knowledge in pharmacology, professional skills, and attitudes. In the research area, we focus on the integrated projects of basic and clinical pharmacology in the model of disease and therapy. Lastly, our goal is to create new research opportunities, strengthen the cooperation of industry-university, and enhance the students’ competitiveness of employee after graduation.
- Development of new anticancer drugs
- Cardiovascular pharmacology
- Development of anti-osteoporosis drugs
- Ocular pharmacology
- Vascular smooth muscle electrophysiology
- Pharmacology of neural behavior
- Pharmacology of traditional Chinese medicine and natural products
- Clinical pharmacology and environmental toxicology
- Development of metabolic and neurodegenerative diseases drugs
- Cellular and molecular pharmacology
- Study of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative drugs
- Research on drug epidemiology
- Disease based, our researches focus on many important issues of Infection and Immunity with molecular biology and various plastid methods
- Integrate basic and clinical research
- Encourage doctoral candidate to take part in international congress
- The research background of colleagues in Department of Parasitology was diversified. All colleagues devoted their expertise especially in the field of immune response, molecular response, mechanism of illness, and drug treatment in the host infected with important zoonotic parasites in Taiwan. Thus, the study in the field of parasitic infection in this Department is advanced in national and international.
- HIV & hepatitis virus
- Effect of Chinese herbal medicine in antivirus activity
- Pathogenesis of Helicobacter pylori
- Pathogenesis of neuropathic pain and treatment
- Lytic and lysogenic control of CMV
- Effect of marine natural products in anti-CMV activity
- Immune response of dendritic cell and immunotherapy
- Environmental hormones in allergic diseases
- Mechanism of Multiple drug resistance and its dissemination
- Broad spectrum ß-lactamase drug resistant plasmid in Gram-negative bacteria
- Role of integron and gene cassette in evolution of drug resistance
- The study on mechanism of illness, regulatory factors, and drug treatment in hosts after infection with targeted parasite.
- The phylogenetic relationship of targeted parasite among different geographic distribution.
- Develop the phytochemical products and study the molecular mechanism in the treatment of parasites in vitro and in vivo.
- Learning professional courses of tropical medicine and global health
- Enable student’s international concepts regarding tropical infectious diseases and emerging/ re-emerging infections
- Training research ability regarding clinical diagnosis and prevention of infectious diseases
- Enable student’s ability regarding international communication and medical service
- Tropical medicine & Medical parasitology
- Infectious disease associated cancer & Virology
- Vector-borne infections & Medical entomology
- Clinical microbial infections & Travel medicine
The feature of this division is to provide highly competent professional biochemists and innovative research scientists. The goal of this division is to promote advanced research in elucidating many biochemical and clinical pathways. A brief introduction of this division is described as follows.
- Nutrition and immunology
- Diabetic nephropathy and hepatocellular carcinoma
- Neurological cancers and Alzheimer pathogenesis
- Antimicrobial peptides and skeletal muscle cells differentiation
- Enzyme mechanism and enzymology
- Prostate and bladder cancer
- Molecular biology and cancer biology
- Proteomics and metabolite analysis by mass spectrometry
Our division focuses on applying the science of genomics and statistics in disease prevention, diagnosis and therapy. In the aspects of teaching and research, we integrate basic science, epidemiology and clinical medicine to provide interdisciplinary learning for cultivating students with practical skills and professional knowledge. We value the industry-university cooperation and international collaboration and care about the health issues in different populations and ethnic groups. The ultimate goal is to apply the achievements of our faculty and students in translational medicine for promoting human health.
Our researches integrate basic science, clinical medicine and epidemiology to investigate the interaction of genes, genomes, environments and diseases on the healthy effect among populations. The fields include investigating pathophysiology of disease genes, discovering diagnostic biomarkers and genes, developing new drugs and therapies, and studying public health education and policy. Our research topics include:
- Study the susceptibility genes and microRNAs in diseases such as myopia, arteriosclerosism, and stroke.
- Investigate the molecular mechanisms and develop therapeutic drugs for renal diseases, obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes and atherosclerosis.
- Examine the cellular physiology and molecular mechanism in tumor drug resistance-related properties of cancer stem cells and the formation of metastasis. Also, develop the molecular markers and novel drugs for clinical diagnosis and therapy.
- Explore the mechanism of action of tumor suppressor genes in regulating cancer cell metabolism and develop gene therapy methods or drugs in modulating cancer cell metabolism.
- Study on public health, toxicology, environment and occupational health.
- Study on nutrition, gene, endocrinology and metabolomics.
- Study on rheumatology.
- Study on oncology and translational medicine.
- Study on substance abuse.
- “From bench to bed-side” cooperation between clinician and basic researchers. To apply knowledge derived from basic research to the prevention and therapy of problems arose from clinical medicine.
- Focusing on understanding the physiopathology in human diseases and translating scientific findings into animal models and humans, leading to new and effective interventions for human disorders.
- Oncology/development of therapeutics targets and strategy
- Cardiovascular disease
- Stem Cells and Regeneration
- Immunology and immunotherapy
- Tropical medicine
- Metabolic Disorders and aging
- Environmental Medicine
Focusing on the teaching and research in the background of neuromedical science by a combination of basic neuroscience and clinical neuro-psychiatric medicine,
The faculty recruited from basic and clinical fields establish the laboratory characterized by neuroscience and psychiatry. The graduate students provided with professional knowledge and instruments are going to explore the mechanism, prevention and treatment of neurological and psychiatric disorders in a superior environment.
Providing the graduate students with humanities and professional knowledge, and being the research talent with an interdisciplinary vision consisted of neuroscience and psychiatry
cognitive impairment, dementia, stroke, sleep disorders, epilepsy, pain, psychiatry disease, substance abuse, elderly psychiatry, mental health of child and adolescent
stroke, neural differentiation, neurodegenerative diseases, neuroimmunity and neuroinflammation, drug addiction and abuse, pain control, animal behavior